Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Pregnancy (months 3-5)

As the days went by my stomach got bigger and my patience grew smaller. I couldn't wait to feel baby move for the first time and find out the sex at our 20 week appointment. I was so full of excitement the baby became all I could think about. I would sit at work during nap time and daydream about little chunky hands and feet. Kissing soft sweet baby cheeks. Big eyes looking up at me. Seeing a little smile for the first time. I wondered if we were having a little boy or girl. If it would have my eyes and Steven's lips and button nose. I wondered what my birth story would be like.. and if it would be complicated at all. Wondered if my baby would be a happy baby or a fussy one. If it would have thick dark brown hair like Steven or thick blonde hair like I had when I was born. I started searching baby names and nursery themes. I was a woman obsessed!. I felt like I was in a waiting period of my pregnancy.. where nothing was for sure. I just had to sit and wait and find out. This was the longest part of my pregnancy thus far. But not knowing was also one of the best parts. Even though I wasn't aware of it yet. 

17 Weeks
Baby Names:
We decided on baby names during this point of my pregnancy. I had always dreamed of us having a little girl someday. So picking out a girl name was easy. I wanted a name that was sweet and classy. Because my name is Genevieve.. I wanted my little girl to have an old classic name as well. I like that my name can be shortened to Genna. So the fact that her name could be shortened too was important.

First Name: Emmaline
Emma for short.
Middle Name: Rose
Steven used to always bring me roses when we were dating. I wanted a name that meant a lot to us.

We struggled with a boy name. Simply because I felt like nothing sounded like a little boy that we would have. I liked the name Finnegan. There was a sweet little boy at Preschool who was named Finnegan and went by Finn. Which met all of my qualifications with a name. But Steven hated it. Steven's name means Strength. And I searched names that also meant strength. We finally decided on one.

First Name: Noah
It can't be shortened to anything.. but I could picture a sweet little boy being in our family named Noah. So it stuck. Plus it means Strength like Steven.
Middle Name: Charles
My grandfather that passed away on my Birthday was such an important man in my life and Steven agreed that in honor of him we should make his middle name Charles after my grandpa. Who was a strong, amazing man.

Even though I thought that I would have preferred a little girl to dress up, I never ever ever prayed for one or the other. It didn't matter that much to me. I envisioned a little girl who loved dresses and shoes like her Mother or a little boy who loved to fish and be outside like his Daddy. I was sure I'd be content either way. Every night I prayed for my baby to be healthy and happy. That's all I ever asked for.



No comments:

Post a Comment