Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Pregnancy (months 1-3)

Everything progressed as usual. I went to Florida with my Best Friend to visit one of our friends from high school who was recently in a bad car accident. It was a lot of fun but it happened to be around the time that my Morning Sickness decided to kick in. Being in Florida while having morning sickness is something I wouldn't recommend. I felt horrible. And I felt even worse that I was probably such a downer the whole time because I was sick. We had planned the trip before I knew I was pregnant so I didn't want to back out. Overall it was worth it. It's alway nice to spend time with friends and experience a new place.
In Florida- 12 Weeks

Our First Ultrasound
Once I got back from Florida we had our very first ultrasound. The clinic we went through doesn't usually offer 13 week ultrasounds, but since I had an Uncle with Down Syndrome they went ahead and did an ultrasound to check for abnormalities or any warning signs of any type of defect.
Baby had to lay in the perfect position for the technician to be able to see the curve of the neck to check for abnormalities. With our luck.. baby decided it didn't want to cooperate and the technician wasn't able to get a good enough picture for the doctor.
But there were no warning signs, baby's heart and other organs all looked good. Baby seemed perfect and healthy. Up to this point I really didn't feel pregnant. My tummy was firm.. but not much bigger. I couldn't feel baby move yet, and most of the time forgot that there was anything different going on. I continued to work and eat healthy and counted down the days until we could hear baby's heartbeat again and see it's sweet little face. It was love at fist sight for both Steven and I. We couldn't wait to meet this precious little miracle in October.


No comments:

Post a Comment