Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Shower Update


I've just been reminded (thankfully) that I never updated friends and family on whether or not there would still be a baby shower for Noah.. And the answer is yes! When we were planning the first baby shower we recieved Noah's diagnosis and everything went downhill from there.

I'm not sure when or where it will be held- but right now it sounds like in August. Noah could come as early at September 15th according to Doctors. We're registered at Target and Babies-R-Us under Genevieve Glessner.

I'll be purchasing his Crib, Dresser, Changing Table and Glider once we get all moved into our new house. His bedding is already in the mail and on it's way.

His nursery theme is puppies, but we also love dinosaurs, safari, cowboys etc. Feel free to venture away from his theme! Puppies can be hard to find, and with his theme and decor as puppies, it might be overwhelming! Blues and other bright colors are my favorite for him- clothing wise!

So here are a few things we'll be needing, to keep in mind:

Clothing:
  • Beanies
Noah will be having shunt surgery I'm assuming sometime after birth and because he's already working on his full head of hair.. when they shave his head for the incision it will be very noticable. Bu since he's a Fall baby I plan on him wearing quite a few beanies until his hair grows back.. and I checked with the doctors- they're perfectly safe :)
  • A few Tee- Shirts/Onesies/Sweatpants/Jackets
While he's in the NICU and once we bring him home his scar on his back will need to be cleaned and re-bandaged every day. Onesies would be okay, but little bitty tee-shirts would make this much easier. I know they can be harder to find, but a little tee-shirt and sweat outfit would make life with him at home right after surgery much much easier.
  • Newborn Pictures Outfit
I'm not going to go all crazy buying clothes for Noah, I've already accumulated quite a few different pieces... so pick out your favorite little boy outfit and maybe we'll use it in his hospital newborn pictures :)
  • Whatever you think is cute
I love little boy outfits, and Noah will love anything anyone picks out!

Larger Items:
  • Baby Bath-Tub
The one I'm registered for is only $15 because it's only for a newborn. But if anyone would like to be kind enough to purchase Noah a newborn/baby/toddler baby bath-tub that would be awesome! One less thing for us to worry about purchasing in the future.
  • Stroller/Carseat Combo
I've never purchased an item this large for a baby shower before...so I don't expect anyone to buy this. But if you'd like to help us out with our bigger purchases we'd gladly accept gift cards! :)
  • Diaper Genie
I may be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure these run around $20-$25. I might end up purchasing this myself.
  • Closet Organizers
If anyone has read my past blog posts about how SMALL our new closets will be, you'll know that we definitely need closet organizers. They make them for babies and I purchased one for a friend for her shower and they are super handy!
  • Baby Bassinet/Swing
Again this is one of the largest items we'll need, so I don't expect anyone but maybe but close friends and family to maybe want to purchase this one.

Medium/Smaller Items:
  • Bibs, Binkies, Bottles, Toys, etc.
  • Blankets
If anyone would like to I've seen many NICU babies with Prayer Blankets that church groups or family and friends made together. That would be an awesome shower gift!
  • Diapers/Wipes/Lotions/Baby Body Wash
We have purchased enough newborn diapers, so please no more! I've heard how fast they go through newborn ones, and he may be too big to fit in them anyways. Anything larger than that would be perfect though!

I'll probably add more to the list later once I think of more. Pretty much he's going to be just like any other sweet baby as far as purchases go! :) We would just all be happy with having all of our good friends and family there to celebrate Noah arriving soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment