Thursday, June 14, 2012

20 Weeks- Finding out the Sex of Our Baby

This was the week I felt like I had been waiting an eternity for. The week we would find out what our baby was. Would we be having a sweet little girl or boy? I told Steven, "I don't even care anymore.. I have no preference. As long as little one is healthy and grew gender parts along with all of it's other parts.. I'll be happy."

I decided at 19 weeks that we were having a little boy. Everyone around me was having girls and I knew that God would want to give us a onry little boy. Steven was so hyper and crazy as a child.. I knew I'd end up with a little him. And I decided I was more than okay with that. I love Steven more than anything in the world. He still seems like a little boy to me sometimes and I would love nothing more than to have a little mini-Steve for myself.

Our Appointment:
Okay.... I admitt it. I got a little carried away with inviting people to our appointment. I invited six... which was four too many..woops. My two best friends were there, my grandmother, mother, sister, and of coarse Steven.
I knew that only two people were allowed in the room during the ultrasound.. but I really wanted to share this experience with all of the people that meant the most to me. I'm sure sitting in the waiting room at 8 o clock in the morning wasn't exactly the most thrilling experience for them.. but I was on cloud 9.

In the truck I remember saying to Steven.. "This is one of the moments that changes our life forever. From today on out we'll know if we're going to be parents to our first son or daughter. Are you ready?"

He smiled and we all went in. I was probably skipping and waddling and jumping with excitement all the way in. I was so sure today would be one of the most amazing days of my life. I missed my baby so much and couldn't wait to see how he or she had grown. We were thrilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment