Sunday, August 19, 2012

33 Weeks

Sorry I haven't updated lately. Not much to write about. I started subbing for work last week and I absolutely LOVE it. I've missed all of the people and children. Since it's a new school year there are a ton of new little ones too and it's great getting to know new kids and parents.

At first I was so busy trying to get back into the swing of things that I didn't think about Noah and his diagnosis.. which was my biggest worry. About halfway through the week when things calmed down a little I started comparing his life to other children's and it made me a little sad. But then he would move or hit and my love for him made me completely forget all about it. He makes me so happy and proud everyday.

By the end of the week I started realizing all of the things the children at work were enjoying while sitting down. We did a lot of coloring and play-dough and puzzles.. all of which are fun and don't require standing. It was nice to catch myself being more positive. This was the perfect time for me to go back to work because I've accepted everyting and bonded with this little guy so much that even though it's hard to see other children do things he can't.... it doesn't matter because he is special and wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing about him already.

I'm subbing again tomorrow and Tues/Thurs. It's nice to have something to do and feel important. I'm actually excited and appreciative of getting time to come in.

I'm starting to have some Braxton Hicks Contractions that aren't brought on by anything.. really makes me realize how close we are to meeting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment