Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ah. This is why I LOVE reading blogs!

I logged on today to read blog updates of the women I follow who are mothers to children with SB and gosh... they just give me so much hope. These women are so strong and they are definitely some of my biggest inspirations as a mother. This was my favorite thing I've read today so I just had to quote it. It gives me so much hope and faith. :)

"It's June, which means it's Spina Bifida Awareness month. I have been trying and trying to come up with some kind of post to address it, but I'm blanking. It's taken me three weeks to realize that we're just not in a SB state of mind lately. I guess that in itself is indicative of something that people should be aware of: SB often takes a back seat. We've been busy doing the usual June things."

http://thelittlekingsley.blogspot.com/2012/06/its-june-which-means-its-spina-bifida.html

"Needless to say we left that appointment in a state of shock, and overwhelming grief took hold of us for awhile. We went back and forth between feeling angry, scared, devastated. We needed the time to mourn for our sons losses, the challenges that would lay before him and wondered if we would find the strength to become the special parents that this child deserved. Selfishly, I was really angry with God. How could He do this to our child, to us after everything we'd already went through to even have a family. I felt like we were being punished for something and I had no idea for what. I have a strong faith so with this anger, I then felt terribly guilt for questioning why God had done this. It was a terrible roller coaster ride of emotions I couldn't get away from. The rest of the pregnancy I would alternate between feeling incredibly blessed by the lives growing inside of me with absolute fear for what the future held. I've since learned this is all very normal."

http://www.ourdoubleblessings.blogspot.com/p/our-story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment