Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wheelchairs.


Let's just stop and consider what life would be like for Noah if he is in a wheelchair for life . .

No. I am not losing hope.

No. I am not losing faith.

Yes. I am praying for and believing in a miracle.

I am saying there is an elephant in the room so let's take a good hard look so we can all move past it.

As I have said more than once, God's miracles take all forms - so let's consider another type of miracle. . .

Regardless of whether he walks or not, I want our son to be a light in this world. I want him to be the cute, down-to-earth little boy who is a friend to everyone. The boy his friends turn to when life sets them back.

I want my friends' children to be better people for having known and played with and grown up with Noah.

Being in a wheelchair would mean a life lived on stage.

There are many people who pass us by everyday whom we never notice. But a handsome little boy in a wheelchair with a bright smile and heart filled with hope? Now that is a person you would remember.

Picture your typical children's Christmas program. Picture a cute little boy standing at the microphone singing silent night. Cute right?

Now picture that cute little boy singing silent night from a wheelchair. Well. That would be something.

To be in a wheelchair is to have a different set of opportunities and responsibilities.

I want my son to be a miracle.

To be someone who inspires and uplifts.

The boy who gets elected Student Body President on a write-in campaign because he is too humble to actually run for office.

I want my son to be the young man who pursues the job of his dreams and when people tell him that he has been an inspiration to them, he cocks his head and wonders what the big deal is.

I want my son to be the type of person who makes the world a better place - an inspiration - a miracle.

And I want those miracles regardless of whether he is standing up or sitting down

No comments:

Post a Comment